Engineering Manager - Manufacturing Operations
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
- Engineering Manager – Manufacturing Operations - Slough
c. £50000, 25 days holiday, Pension Scheme
A manufacturer of electro-mechanical products used in industrial applications across a multitude of industries. The company has global manufacturing hubs and a manufacturing operation in Slough with around 250 employees on site.
As Engineering Manager, you will manage an Operations Engineering team of four, covering production engineering, quality and test to ensure products are manufactured to satisfy market / company requirements for safety, product quality and profitability.
- Deploy efficient processes that are suitable for manufacture globally.
- Work with R & D Engineering on new product development and design changes to ensure excellent design for manufacture.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure product development schedules, technical and cost objectives are met.
- Ensure processes and procedures are implemented for global consistency of manufacture in hub locations.
- Establish production capacity and capability at each manufacturing location.
- Ensure plant layout, equipment and tooling processes and procedures are in place.
- Manage capital equipment and cost reduction programs.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies into product designs or manufacturing.
- Proactively review current manufacturing methods and equipment to improve quality, safety, production cost and yield, identifying opportunities to automate where practical.
- Ensure proper control and implementation of Engineering Changes on all manufacturing sites.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Manager and global production teams to help resolve any quality or production engineering related issues, using lean manufacturing techniques to identify and resolve route cause, transferring production process changes to other locations.
- Motivate, develop and provide direction to the team.
- Responsible for effective budgeting and control of expected annual costs associated with production equipment and systems e.g.: GMS, ATE, jigs, welding etc.
- The ideal candidate should have the following skills and experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or similar.
- Significant level of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Previous supervisory/management experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands-on experience of working within a Lean Manufacturing environment and ideally a Lean Champion.
- The ability to work alone or unsupervised; freedom to travel to overseas operations as appropriate.
- Project management experience – ability to work within a matrix management organization.