Engineering Manager - Electronics R & D
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£55000 - £60000|
- Engineering Manager – Electronics R & D - Slough
c. £55000 - £60000, 25 days holiday, Health Insurance, Excellent Pension Scheme, Life Assurance
Electronic Design & Development, PCB Design, Low Power, Research & Development, NPD, Project Management, Team Management.
A manufacturer of small to medium sized, precision engineered electronic and electro-mechanical products used in industrial applications. The company has global manufacturing hubs and a manufacturing operation in Slough with some 250 employees on site.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will have management responsibility for a team of 10 to ensure that Product Development projects are completed on time, to specification and budget.
- Manage and motivate engineering team – objective setting, performance reviews, coaching, training.
- Allocate human resources to projects – resources may be in China, India, Slough or elsewhere.
- Liaise with Marketing and Operations to incorporate their requirements into product specifications.
- Work with product managers to specify and prioritise development projects, leading to new product introduction.
- Generate technical specs for new products and produce project plans, including time-scales and development costs.
- Provide support for design or obsolescence issues with legacy products.
- Support NPD and cost reduction programmes.
- The ideal candidate should have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
- Hold an Electronic or Electrical or Systems Engineering Degree or similar.
- Previous experience managing a team in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Previous electronic design experience.
- New product development experience with low power electrical/electronic devices.
- DFM/DFA plus lean manufacturing methodologies and design for automated manufacture would be ideal.