Building Services Engineer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Bedfordshire, EnglandHertfordshire, England|
- Building Services Engineer – Luton
£31000 - £32000, Call Out Pay, Annual Bonus, Pension, Private Medical Insurance, 25 Days Holiday
Working Hours: 37.5 hours a week, some weekends /on call work
Skill Areas: Electrical, Mechanical, M & E, Facilities, Maintenance, PPM, Plant & Equipment, HVAC, Fire Safety, Water, Legionella, Medical Gas, Risk assessments, Medical, Hospital, Autoclaves, Sterilisers
Working in a busy hospital you will join a successful, in-house buildings maintenance team, tasked with maintaining the building fabric and all electrical and mechanical services on site.
- Carry out regular, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) on all systems and building services.
- Monitor energy consumption and recommend ways to improve conservation.
- Respond to breakdowns or defects in equipment and perform repairs, directly or via contractors.
- Carry out or co-ordinate minor alterations (e.g. refurbishment/redecoration) to the building.
- Ensure stock levels of engineering items and consumables are maintained.
- Provide an out of hours emergency on-call service as part of a rota.
- Partake in training courses.
The successful Building Services Engineer should have a mix of the following skills and experience;
- Apprentice Served Engineer in an electrical or mechanical discipline.
- Educated to City & Guilds Level 3 or above in Building Services, Electro-technical or Mechanical Services.
- Fault finding experience on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Experience working in a hospital or other medically orientated environment is desirable
- Need to hold a full driving licence with access to a car for call outs
Office use only: Maintenance Engineer, Facilities Engineer, HVAC, Water, Gas Systems, Building Fabric, BMS, Building Management Systems, Legionella, building maintenance, electrical, mechanical