This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Environmental Test Engineer
£32000 - £45000, 25 days, Bonus, Pension and more.
Our client is a leading aerospace and defence technology company designing innovative and sophisticated engineering systems. Environmental Engineering covers the areas of requirements specification and management, data analysis, simulation and modelling and test in climatic, mechanical (vibration and shock), and structural mechanical and fatigue testing for these systems.
You will support product development and formal qualification and will be involved in the development of advanced simulation and test techniques for complex systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new test technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of products.
Environmental Engineering covers the following typical responsibilities:
- Developing the Environmental Requirement Specification by examining information from Customer Requirements and analysis of trial data.
- Providing technical guidance to design authorities with respect to appropriate technologies and principles to survive the environment, including input into concept studies, research and development Development of trials plans and schedules based on interpretation of the requirements and the technologies and functions of product against the full range of environments, including the selection of test facilities, specification of the required instrumentation.
Provision of technical guidance to design authorities with respect to appropriate technologies and principles to survive the environment and work closely with certification and design verification authorities to provide a consistent approach to system validation.
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent
- Working experience of Environmental Engineering and simulation tools, ideally within the Defence Sector
- Strong ability to push through the correct technical solution
- Relevant experience of Environmental standards
- Knowledge of advanced techniques such as Fatigue Damage Spectrum (FDS) and Maximum Response Spectrum (MRS) analysis to assist in synthesising the real or induced environments would be beneficial