Senior Software Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Senior Software Engineer – Slough, Berkshire
c.£55000, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, 25 Days Holiday
Instrumentation, 60% Embedded / 40% Desktop development, Coding in C (C++ desirable), Assembler, Visual Studio, Microprocessors, DSP, Low power,
Joining a global organisation which designs and manufactures instrumentation products used for industrial measurement applications, you will provide software specification, design, development and support for a range of products; dealing with upgrades, enhancements and obsolescence.
- Work with project / product managers to define and develop new products and deliver software designs.
- Work with System Architect and other stakeholders to optimise the interaction between Software, Mechanical and Electronic components in all designs.
- Deliver software to product performance, quality, cost and timescales; working closely with Electronics team to identify appropriate hardware platforms.
The ideal candidate should have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
- Degree in Software Engineering, Physics, or similar.
- Software development leadership in product development projects.
- Embedded software design, microprocessor design, Digital Signal Processing, low power design. design for production.
- Assembler, C, C++, Visual Studio, Visual Basic, Object Oriented Analysis and Design with UML notation, e.g. Visio.
- Integrated development environment compilers and linkers, preferably IAR.
- Software life-cycle management including version management tools for controlling software development and production release during the product life cycle.
- Static and dynamic automated software testing including regression testing.
- Knowledge of safety and reliability standards including IEC61508 with some experience of software design for Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2).
- Able to show successful software design for various digital communication protocols; to communicate via HART, RS232, Wireless HART, Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus.