Configuration Management Group Leader
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Bedfordshire, EnglandHertfordshire, England|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Configuration Management Group Leader – Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Up to £60000, 20% Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Pension Scheme, 25 Days Holiday and more.
This global company works in the aerospace and defence sector, designing, developing and delivering complex electrical, mechanical and software driven systems. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced manager to lead a team within Configuration Management.
The department you will be heading, is responsible for delivering engineered products to customers with the required level of traceability and quality. You will lead and be involved with initiatives across the business, building relationships with your project customers by challenging and supporting their programmes with respect to configuration management.
- Lead the Configuration Management Team (circa 30 people) to deliver configuration services to the business and prepare for the future.
- Continuous development of your team to develop both technical and behavioural excellence, motivating team members, performance managing and providing strong direction to deliver effective team performance.
- Leading by example, foster effective relationships with your senior project customers to provide assurance of the Configuration services delivered by you and your team.
- Manage the configuration multi-company process through international working.
- Define and enforce configuration measures including planning, identification, change control, status accounting and auditing.
- Communicate at all levels across the business to share ideas and promote the values of Configuration Management.
- Develop practical methodologies and ways of working to improve the efficiency and robustness of Configuration Management activities.
- You should ideally have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Advanced strategic planning capability.
- Highly developed communication skills, confidence and assertion.
- Knowledgeable in Configuration Management measures and process across the PLC.
- Logical thinking, good problem-solving skills.
- Established networking skills, embracing international working.