Electronics & Software Design Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||London, EnglandMiddlesex, England|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Electronics & Software Design Engineer - West London
£31000-£37000, Bonus, Company Pension, Medical Insurance
Skills – PCB Design, PIC microcontroller programming, Assembler, C, LVD, ATEX, Power Electrronics
Our client designs and manufactures a range of small electronic and electro-mechanical devices for use in hazardous area environments where the intrinsically safe design of embedded microcontrollers is paramount.
The role is varied and involves work on multiple projects with responsibility for new designs and modifications to existing designs, taking products from concept through development and testing to final production.
- Embedded PIC microcontroller design and development in Assembler and C
- Analogue and digital electronics
- Prototyping and Breadboarding
- PCB design and layout
- Ensure designs meet CE marking requirements including EMC and Low Voltage Directive
- Identifying material cost savings and improving speed to market
- Specifying Bills of Materials (BOM)
- Test and validation work internally and with third party approval bodies
You should have a good mix of the following skills, qualifications and experience;
- Degree/HND qualified in Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience
- PIC (8 bit & 16 bit) programming in Assembler and C
- Analogue and digital circuit design experience
- Altium schematic capture and layout
- Experienced in the use of PCB layout software
- An understanding of hazardous area standards, especially intrinsic safety protection modes is desirable
- Experience of dealing with third party test and approval bodies such as KEMA, Sira, UL and Vds is desirable