Environmental Test Engineer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||£32000 - £45000|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Environmental Test Engineer - Stevenage
£32000 - £45000, 25 days, Bonus, Pension and more.
This leading aerospace & defence company designs and develops sophisticated airborne engineering systems. The Environmental Engineering department conducts tests on these systems to ensure product reliability in the harshest of environments.
They develop, test and qualify systems and provide technical expertise in all stages of the product lifecycle. In addition to undertaking climatic and mechanical (vibration and shock testing) the team’s expertise includes requirements specification and management, data analysis, simulation and modelling, structural mechanical tests and fatigue testing.
The Environmental Test Engineer role covers the following typical responsibilities:
- Ongoing liaison with the Project team, including input to the planning of test campaigns
- Configuring and running tests using vibration, shock and climatic test facilities.
- Definition and adaptation of control strategies
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of Environmental test techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 00-35, Mil Std 810F and other relevant standards.
- An ability to investigate product behaviour and modify tests accordingly, and to review failures related to environmental inputs and recommend solutions.
- Expertise in the instrumentation and measurement of products exposed to field trials, and the subsequent data analysis required to produce specification requirements.
- Writing test and assessment reports in support of Environmental testing
- An ability to contribute to the development and commissioning of new test facilities.
- Ideally HNC/HND qualified or equivalent
- Experience of mechanical (vibration and shock) and climatic testing, including derivation of control strategies, function of climatic chambers and equipment, vibration test controllers and data acquisition systems.
- Good working knowledge of instrumentation types
- Working experience of Environmental Engineering and simulation tools, ideally within the Defence Sector
- Relevant experience of Environmental defence standards
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong ability to identify the correct technical solution and drive this though with the Customer.
- Knowledge of advanced techniques such as Fatigue Damage Spectrum (FDS) and Maximum Response Spectrum (MRS) analysis would be beneficial