Engineering Design Change Manager
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||Excellent Salary & Benefits|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Engineering Design Change Manager – Hertfordshire
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Key Areas: Electromechanical Products, Design Changes, Solidworks, Route Cause Analysis, Leading Teams, Obsolescence management, Change management
Our client is a world leader in the development of warehouse distribution automation systems who are currently experiencing exciting growth on a global scale.
We are looking for an Engineering Design Change Manager to maintain a range of existing products by carrying out design change requests, documentation updates and enhancements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for carrying out design change requests and associated administration
- Solves engineering problems in a structured and methodical manner; includes using root cause analysis and other techniques to identify problems.
- Performs design work including 3D modelling, calculations and design verification testing
- Responsible for part selection taking into consideration cost, availability and obsolescence.
- Responsible for updating of technical specifications including functional design specifications, drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting changes to designs and reporting on progress.
- Lead and manage teams assigned with the role of change management and current product maintenance.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Previous experience of working with PLM or PDM systems, with a high sensitivity to version control, change compatibility, production release timings etc.
- Skilled in root cause analysis.
- Familiar with presenting at Change Control Board meetings.
- A good Degree in engineering or equivalent engineering qualification with experience.
- A proven track record in product maintenance, preferably complex electromechanical automation systems or similar machines.
- Expert experience in CAD.
- Experience draughting to BS8888 with the use of GD&T.
- A good understanding of component selection.
- The ability to work within a team on multiple projects, to prioritise tasks and to manage own time.
- Can demonstrate significant experience working in a change management system.
- Experienced in Solidworks