Manufacturing Development Engineer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Manufacturing Development Engineer – Hertfordshire
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Special Purpose Machinery, Automation, Robotics, FMCG, Industrial Equipment, Instrumentation
This leading developer of automation systems utilises the services of third party suppliers / manufactures of special purpose machinery to develop modules which are ultimately integrated into fully operational automation systems.
As Manufacturing Development Engineer, you will support an Engineering Product Development team to ensure that products are designed and optimised for manufacture with a focus on reliability, maintainability and quality.
- Be the technical interface with suppliers during pilot build and transition into manufacture.
- Identify key SPC (statistical process control) parameters and work with suppliers to ensure adequate monitoring and reporting.
- Work with NPI Engineering and product quality to ensure that corrective actions are put in place with suppliers during pilot build.
- Ensure that all products have been optimised for manufacture.
The ideal candidate should have a good mix of the following;
- An engineering / science qualification to HND/Degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experience in design for manufacture (DFM) in areas such as industrial equipment, instrumentation, high volume manufacture or FMCG.
- Value engineering experience.
- Experience in continuous improvement.
- Understanding of process capability, statistical process controls and critical parameter management.
- Understanding of product reliability and reliability testing.