|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Project Engineer R & D – Hertfordshire
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Special Purpose Machinery Design, R & D, Robotics, Automation, Electromechanical Engineering
Our client designs, develops and delivers state of the art electromechanical automation systems for customers worldwide. The role of Project Engineer supports the Research & Development engineering department, which develops bespoke electromechanical and automation products from conceptualisation, through proof of concept, prototyping, realisation and final implementation.
Responsibilities cover; the delivery of work packages to timescale and budget; vendor selection to identify suppliers and partners capable of supporting the delivery of system technology; management of vendors contractually to ensure deliverables are met; matrix management of internal resources; risk management; conversion of business requirements into product technical requirements; stakeholder management; presentation of project progress; project management; realisation from R & D to manufacture.
As Project Engineer you should have a good mix of the following skills, experience and qualifications;
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level or equivalent experience
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware. Experience with electronics, robotics and vision is highly preferable.
- Hands-on site experience in installation and commissioning of equipment and systems.
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery.
- Experience in managing project budgets.
- Experience of product testing
- Design variation management
- Ability to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with project and technical barriers.