Senior Production Engineer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Welwyn Garden City|
|Salary||Exellent Salary & Benefits|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Senior Production Engineer – Welwyn Garden City
Excellent Salary and Benefits
Special Purpose Machinery, Automation, Electro/Mechanical Engineering, New Product Introduction (NPI), Lab Experiments, Design & Test
This growing company develops, installs and maintains technically cutting edge electro/mechanical automation systems used to pick, place and convey products within distribution warehouse environments for customers worldwide.
Once systems are installed, they require ongoing support and improvement. This includes design and reliability improvements; the containment of any production issues; delivery of proven, tested design solutions and the influencing of future designs through feedback of production issues.
The successful candidate should be hands on, with a background in solving engineering rather than process problems. Experience gained in New Product Introduction (NPI) is relevant as is the ability to conduct laboratory experiments to understand the failure of a sub-system, mock up a design to fix an issue, test it, raise a PO and get it manufactured.
Other useful qualifications, skills and experience include;
- An engineering/ science qualification to HND/Degree level.
- Able to work closely with engineers to resolve mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering issues and manufacturing or reliability issues.
- Able to manage internal design engineering resource and third party suppliers to deliver solutions.
- A track record in successfully resolving production issues.
- Six Sigma experience / qualification.
- Data capture / analysis skills – use of software tools.