|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- CAD Draughtsman - Welwyn Garden City
Competitive Salary, Pension, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and more
Key Skills: Solidworks, Mechanical Design, PDM / PLM Administration
This successful engineering company designs and manufactures state of the art electro-mechanical automation and robotics systems. They are experiencing rapid and sustained business growth globally.
As CAD Draughtsman you will;
- Create CAD models, assemblies and drawings.
- Maintain the mechanical CAD system, PDM system and all related software.
- Set the standard for CAD modelling, draughting and assemblies and ensure this is followed by providing guidance.
- Ensure the security of CAD data and check all drawings and models before they are released.
- Provide CAD system and PDM training and support to users
- Advise on upgrades, downtime and other relevant information;
- Keep up to date with trends and developments in mechanical CAD software, systems and data management. Champion changes when they benefit the organisation.
You should have a good mix of the following skills and experience;
- A thorough understanding of either BS 8888 or ASME Y14.5 and its practical application.
- Excellent understanding of how to apply GD&T when creating component and assembly drawings.
- Commercial experience using SolidWorks.
- Skilled in the administration of a PDM system, preferably SolidWorks PDM or SolidWorks Workgroup PDM.
- An HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification with relevant experience.
- A proven track record in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practises.
- Any experience with Autodesk Inventor;
- Knowledge of IEC document structure;
- Experience training contractors in producing high quality drawings;
- Experience training others in CAD skills and draughting to BS 8888