Product Group Leader
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Advertiser||Zebra Technical Recruitment|
- Product Group Leader – Welwyn Garden City
Our client is a leader in the research, development and delivery of complex automation systems. Using innovative, pioneering technology they offer superior products to customers worldwide, and continue to build a talented Product Development Team.
The Product Group Leader, (PGL) role has responsibility for developing the technical roadmap of product development to support growth, reduce operating cost and improve operational efficiency. The remit includes maximising consistency and innovation advantages between different product streams.
- Develop pervasive roadmaps for a portfolio of products, a roadmap for their release and one for features; plot alternate courses of action for products covered by a particular stream and ensure that projects in that stream are developed in accordance with the roadmap.
- Responsible for using decision support tools to analyse the roadmap landscape and identify suitable landmarks worthy of further exploration in order to identify key issues and innovation opportunities.
- Use the roadmap to track and manage new products, new services, business needs, external forces, regulatory specifications, emerging technologies, resources and supplier data.
- Capture product evolution plans and platform development, forecast the capability to meet those product plans, leading activities to recruit and identify and exploit IP opportunities.
- Provide Engineering Project Managers with direction and guidance to ensure their products are most suitable for use in territories across the world, ensuring that opportunities for maximising component commonality and useable product variance are realised.
- Collating lessons learned from all related projects and feeding information into development projects.
You should have a good mix of the following skills, experience and attributes;
- Degree qualified in a technically related subject.
- Detail-orientated and organised, with a logical and methodological mind-set
- Have a well-rounded and comprehensive interest and knowledge in new technologies
- Have very good negotiation skills with the ability to listen, comprehend, consider and assimilate others’ points of view with your own.
- Ability to put forward well thought out and cogently reasoned arguments when roadmap and other plans are subjected to scrutiny by higher management.
- Able to assimilate and combine different types of information relating to separate topics into a coherent view.
- Ability to make tactical and strategic based decisions.
- A project management qualification is preferred.
Excellent Salary, Pension, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service, Employee Assistance Program, Free Shares, Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes, Other benefits